Monday, October 13, 2014

Jefferson Cablog (JEF). Inspiration from the mountains .......







  Jefferson "JEF" Cablog is an indigenous artist from Barlig, Mt.Province, Philippines. Stories and dreams of elders Jefferson translated for himself in the visual images on the canvas. His paintings are filled with items, some obvious, others you will find after a careful review. Artist gaining acceptance in the Cordilleras, on the national art scene, drawing inspiration and energy from the mountains in his hometown.
"I listened to countless stories about Barlig, mountainous province of my hometown, they told the elders of our village, and now I'm doing my best to keep them through my work, and I know I will have to devote their entire lives to this task."




















Jefferson "JEF" Cablog

No comments:

Post a Comment